Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reminiscence. . .

i almost forgot that i had a blog. . .i didnt want to be this busy. . .but, should i complain? i have been doing so much in the last two semesters!! I have taken a few things for granted these days. . .I think I need to value them more so that I realise how privileged i have been to be here. . .listening to lectures that talk about social change, going to slums for studies and spending weeks in tribal villages in dense forests- I need to value all of this. People who knew me and would now be able to connect with me would be very few and I would always love them for that, but the most amazing thought that this time here in TISS has given me is that I understand why people do something. . .I dont hate or love them from how they react to me. . .i try to find out what is the reason they are behaving that way. . .
it has always been a feeling of deprivation inside me as I could never realise that I actually did not miss anything at all. . .the long power cuts in my grads college taught me to value energy conservation, living in small places away from cities reminds me of how peaceful the life there is and studying from a small college makes me value the access i have to resources here. . .i can find out my answers to most of the questions now. . .and more importantly, i question. . .i question right from why i live in an area that gets water and electricity to why i find the malls and fancy plastic packaging uneasing inside my head. . .i question every basic fact that i always took for granted. . .
i should not feel sad for not being able to visit my blog for long. . .i was knowing it. . .the world around me and my senses. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment